\\ Martin Malacek //
Visual Design, Illustration, Graphic Design, Web + UI, Apparel Design
This CV hopefully covers who I am and what I did in the past. It's been one hell of a ride so far and I tend to keep it that way in the future.
That's also one of many reason why I want to be a part of your team.
So here's another 8 reasons WHY I might be the right fit:
- I'm a rare kind of designer. An all-round designer with a very vibrant experience. I've been through a lot in the past. I worked at a printing DTP company, at a graphic design studio, at a few advertising agencies, digital agencies, in marketing and even at startups...I also worked as a freelance Illustrator. This makes me a very versatile person. Which is good. I'm able to switch between various different tasks and Im able to provide guidance.
- I've been looking for a fresh new creative environment, a company, where I could use my previous work experience and hopefully where I could find myself a new "home" and great likeminded people I could work with on awesome projects.
- I'm a very skilled illustrator, visual designer, and photographer. Im able to create any type of design. Im a big friend of colors, layout and typography. I'm a big fan of initial sketching, brainstorming and presenting ideas, always thirsty for feedback.
- I'm a multi-tasker and quick learner. Which means if there is something I need to know for this job and I lack of the know-how - I have no problem learning it in a day or two.
- I started my own fun side-project called Lemonaut. A small apparel & lifestyle brand, already selling its first t-shirts. – It's still a small baby. But it is making its first steps already. Lemonaut has also recently started a close collaboration with a famous facebook page called Trust Me, I'm a Designer (over 1 million fans and active visitors) - Together we will be on a hunt for creative people & spaces in London. This project has given me a lot of new experience.
- I learned a lot about the business. I learned a lot about the production process, marketing and social media. Working closely with photographers, and team. Keeping an eye on everything from idea to final stages. Creating ideas, concepts and new designs, managing the eshop, new content, using CMS. Working with programmers/developers.
- I'm good at my job. I'm really strong and confident at what I do. And I would be more than happy to prove it.
- Moreover - I'm a very happy person, enjoying life, having fun all the time. You definitely don't need to worry about me ruining the party. Humour all the way!!! I HAVE A PROOF. Look. below.
THIS IS ME...
END OF COVER LETTER
Tools & Gadgets
- Adobe Photoshop (professional)
- Adobe Illustrator (professional)
- Adobe InDesign (professional)
- Adobe AfterEffects (basics)
- Adobe Premiere (basics)
- Wacom Tablet
- Paper, Moleskine
- Pencils, Markers, Pens & Brushes
- Endless Imagination
Skills & Focus
- Illustration - Classic & Digital / Bitmap & Vector
- Graphic Design
- UI + Webdesign
- Visual Branding, Logo design, Corporate Identity
- Print Design - DTP / Preparing and Exporting, Finishing.
- Drawing and Sketching Ideas
- Apparel Design
- Idea Making, Planning, Organizing
Activities & Passions
- Art, Design & Fashion
- Analog Photography
- Everything Space Related
- Indie Clothing Brands / Streetwear
- Meetups & Talks
- Live Music Venues
- Being Creative all the time