LAZY COAF LETTER
Cover Letter - Martin Malacek
\\ Your New - LAZY OAF - Graphic Designer //
Illustration, Graphic Design, Web + UI, Apparel Design
Hi ALEX and Hi LAZY OAF TEAM!
I have written a very nice and lazy CV for you.
That CV hopefully covers who I am and what I did in the past. It's been one hell of a ride so far and I tend to keep it that way in the future. That's also one of many reason why I want to be a full-time part of your team.
So here's another 10 reasons WHY I might be the right fit:
- I'm definitely not lazy. But I have a Lazy Oaf spirit for sure.
- I'm a rare kind of designer. An all-round designer with a very vibrant past experience. I've been through a lot in the past. I worked at a printing DTP company, at a graphic design studio, at a few advertising agencies, digital agencies, in marketing and even at startups...I also worked as a freelance Illustrator. This makes me a very versatile person. Which is good. I'm able to switch between various different tasks and Im able to provide guidance.
- I've been looking for a fashion oriented company. And I've been following Lazy Oaf for quite some time. I think I have a good feel for the brand and art direction.
- It's been a couple of years since I started paying more attention to fashion, street-wear culture, especially to smaller more independent brands. What I like about these brands is their approach and closer, more personal way of communicating with their customer. They have a better control over their activities and everyday effort. They can also adapt more quickly.
- After many years in the creative advertising/startup business I feel the need for switching the focus. Naturally as I've been more interested in fashion segment, as a designer I changed my focus to apparel Illustration. That's also why I started my own fun side-project called Lemonaut. A small apparel & lifestyle brand, already selling its first t-shirts. – It's still a small baby. But it is making its first steps already. Lemonaut has also recently started a close collaboration with a famous facebook page called Trust Me, I'm a Designer (over 1 million fans and active visitors) - Together we will be on a hunt for creative spaces in London. Bringing interviews and video content for creative community. This project has given me a lot of new experience.
- I learned a lot about the business. I learned a lot about the production process, marketing and social media. Working closely with photographers, and team. Keeping an eye on everything from idea to final stages. Creating ideas, concepts and new designs, managing the eshop, new content, using CMS. Working with programmers/developers.
- I'm a very skilled illustrator, visual designer, and photographer. Im able to create any type of design. Im a big friend of colors, layout and typography. I'm a big fan of initial sketching, brainstorming and presenting ideas, always thirsty for feedback.
- I'm a multi-tasker and quick learner. Which means if there is something I need to know for this job and I lack of the know-how - I have no problem learning it in a day or two. For example. I have never used Magento. Well, Ok Ive been using it a few times. But I guess I would need to get back in shape there :)
- I'm good at my job. I'm really strong and confident at what I do. And I would be more than happy to prove it.
- Moreover - I'm a very happy person, enjoying life, having fun all the time. You definitely don't need to worry about me ruining the party. Humour all the way!!! I HAVE A PROOF. Look. below.
THIS IS ME...
END OF COVER LETTER
Tools & Gadgets
- Adobe Photoshop (professional)
- Adobe Illustrator (professional)
- Adobe InDesign (professional)
- Adobe AfterEffects (basics)
- Adobe Premiere (basics)
- Wacom Tablet
- Paper, Moleskine
- Pencils, Markers, Pens & Brushes
- Endless Imagination
Skills & Focus
- Illustration - Classic & Digital / Bitmap & Vector
- Graphic Design
- UI + Webdesign
- Visual Branding, Logo design, Corporate Identity
- Print Design - DTP / Preparing and Exporting, Finishing.
- Drawing and Sketching Ideas
- Apparel Design
- Idea Making, Planning, Organizing
Activities & Passions
- Art, Design & Fashion
- Analog Photography
- Everything Space Related
- Indie Clothing Brands / Streetwear
- Meetups & Talks
- Live Music Venues
- Being Creative all the time